Sat, Nov 20|
Sevier County EOC
This course is designed to teach students the basics of START: Simple Triage and Rapid Treatment.
Time & Location
Nov 20, 2021, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM EST
Sevier County EOC, 245 Bruce St. Sevierville, TN 37862, USA
ABOUT THE CLASS
This course is designed to teach students the basics of START: Simple Triage and Rapid Treatment. START is a system developed by the Newport Beach Fire Department in 1983 and is used around the world by first responders. START is the first reaction system to Mass Casualty Events, and it is used to classify victims of the MCI based on the severity of their injuries. This class will teach a range of topics, including:
- Reviewing historical and possible scenarios of MCIs
- Learning how and why to secure a scene
- How to use the START system based on RPMs (Respirations, Pulse, Mental Status)
- Hands on training with classmates in a simulated MCI
- How to effectively communicate to First Responders
This course will be taught using a combination of visual aids and hands on scenario training. Upon finishing the course students will receive a certificate of completion showing that they have demonstrated basic proficiencies in Triage and Rapid Treatment. Be advised, not all training material will be appropriate for younger audiences, as images of actual Mass Casualty Incidents will be used.
+$3.13 service fee
+$3.13 service fee0