Sat, Mar 20|
Location is TBD
Low Light Firearms Training
This course is designed to familiarize the shooter on how to use Weapon Mounted Lights, IR Designators (IR LASER), and other Night Vision Equipment. This is an Advanced course and each shooter must take RP1 or Carbine 1 before taking this course.
Time & Location
Mar 20, 2021, 5:00 PM – 9:30 PM EDT
Location is TBD
ABOUT THE CLASS
This course is designed to familiarize shooter how to use Weapon Mounted Lights, IR Designators (IR LASER), and other Night Vision Equipment. This is an Advanced course and each shooter must take RP1 or Carbine 1 before taking this course. This course can be taken using either AR-15 or Pistol. If the shooter wants to use both in the class, please let the Training Staff know in advance. IR equipment is not required for the course, we highly recommend bringing any gear the shooter wants to train with. This course will cover the following:
- Recap of Mechanical Offset and how to account for it. Pistols and AR-15/M4
- Room entry Single Person Tactics
- Target Identification
- Threat Transition and Threat Identifying using LRRATs Night Optics LED Targets
- Speed and Accuracy Drills
- Malfunction clearing in low light operations Use of Weapon Mounted Lights How to use a Flashlight in your off hand (Pistol)
Equipment needed for course: **22LR conversions are allowed for this coures**
- A quality semiautomatic pistol chambered in .22lr, .380, 9mm, 40S&W, 357Sig or 45acp
- Revolvers can be used in 38 special and 357 magnums. Due to the amount of shooting that will be done, we recommend a semiautomatic.
- Calibers outside the normal Everyday Carry will not be allowed
- FN 5.7
- 44 Mag
- .50 cal
- AR-15 or Carbine (556,223 or 300)
- Quality made Kydex or leather hip or concealment holster. No drop leg holster. This course is designed around the shooters Every Day Carry (EDC)
- At least 3 magazines for double stack pistols or at least 4 magazines for single stack pistols.
- If you do not have enough magazines, contact us to arrange extra mags to be provided.
- Magazine holders that attach to a belt.
- Weapon Mounted Light
- 5ea chem lights
- Quality Flashlight
- Extra batteries
- IR Equipment *Not Required for the course*
- Speed loaders for revolvers.
- 150 rounds of FACTORY LOADED pistol ammunition. No reloads allowed.
- 150 rounds of FACTORY LOADED Rifle ammunition. No reloads allowed.
- Proper PPEHearing protection
- Electronic preferred but not required
- Eye Protection (clear lenses)
- Long pants
- Boots, sneakers are recommended, No flip-flops, sandals, etc.
- Bug spray
- Bottled water or Gatorade
- A cooler with ice will be on the range for everyone to use.
- Folding or camping chairs are highly recommended.
- Gun Cleaning Kit
- Note pad and pen
Low Light Optics Course Ticket$150.00+$3.75 service fee