Sat, Jul 23|
LRRAT Training Facility
Low Light Firearms Course
This course is designed to familiarize shooter how to use Weapon Mounted Lights and Handheld Lights.
Time & Location
Jul 23, 2022, 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM
LRRAT Training Facility, 136 Corbin Hill Rd, Oliver Springs, TN 37840, USA
ABOUT THE CLASS
This course is designed to familiarize shooter how to use Weapon Mounted Lights and Handheld Lights. This is an Advanced course and each shooter should have a firm understanding of how to properly and safely use their firearm. IR equipment is not required for the course however, we highly recommend the student bringing any gear they wants to train with. This course will cover the following:
- Recap of Mechanical Offset and how to account for it.
- Barricade shooting
- Shooting from the ground
- Target Identification
- Threat Transition and Threat Identifying using LRRATs Night Optics LED Targets
- Speed and Accuracy Drills
- Malfunction clearing in low light operations
- Use of Weapon Mounted Lights
- How to use a Flashlight in your off hand
Equipment needed for course:
- A quality semiautomatic pistol chambered in .380, 9mm, 40S&W, or 45acp **22LR are allowed for this course**
- Quality made Kydex or leather hip or concealment holster. No drop leg holster. This course is designed around the shooters Every Day Carry (EDC)
- At least 3 magazines pistols.
- Magazine holders that attach to a belt.
- Weapon Mounted Light or Handheld Flashlight
- 3ea chemical lights
- Extra batteries
- IR Equipment *Not Required for the course*
- Speed loaders for revolvers.
- 250 rounds of FACTORY LOADED pistol ammunition. No reloads allowed.
- Proper PPE hearing protection
- Electronic preferred but not required
- Eye Protection (clear lenses)
- Long pants
- Boots, sneakers are recommended, No flip-flops, sandals, etc.
- Bug spray
- Bottled water or Gatorade
- A cooler with ice will be on the range for everyone to use.
- Folding or camping chairs are highly recommended.
- Gun Cleaning Kit
- Note pad and pen
Low Light Firearms$200.00+$5.00 service fee