Wed, Jun 07|
LRRAT Training Facility
Ground Fighting & Close Quarter Pistol Operations
Time & Location
Jun 07, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
LRRAT Training Facility, 136 Corbin Hill Rd, Oliver Springs, TN 37840, USA
ABOUT THE CLASS
Ground Fighting and Close Quarter Pistol Operations course is designed to put the shooter into unfavorable and unfamiliar defensive shooting position. This course will teach the shooter weapon retention, shooting from the ground, transition back to a defensive stance from the ground, shooting at targets 1 foot or less and how to create space between the shooter and threat. This course is will be using both live fire and UTM Training Rounds.
This course is physically and mentally demanding. Each student will need to be able to shoot from the ground and get to their feet unassisted. This is a hands-on course and each shooter will be to be able to defend themselves while in different scenarios.
- Aspects of Situational Awareness
- Weapon retention drills
- Ground fighting techniques **Live Fire and UTM Rounds** How to properly draw your firearm while on the ground How to neutralize the threat while on the ground
- Strike targets and creating space Understand when to draw your firearm
- How to obtain grip of the firearm in a high stress situation
- Drawing the firearm Understand different indexing techniques
- Aiming techniques
- Trigger Control
- Weak hand shooting
Materials required for course:
- A quality semiautomatic pistol chambered in .380, 9mm, 40S&W, 357Sig or 45acp ***22lr are allowed for this course***
- Calibers outside the normal Everyday Carry will not be allowed
- FN 5.7
- 44 Mag
- .50 cal
- Quality made hip or drop leg holster.
- At least 3 magazines for double stack pistols or at least 4 magazines for single stack pistols.
- If you do not have enough magazines, contact us to arrange extra mags to be provided.
- Magazine holders that attach to a belt.
- Dummy pistols and holster are provided for the “Dry Fire” portion of the course.
- Speed loaders for revolvers.
- 250 rounds of FACTORY LOADED No reloads allowed.
- Proper PPE hearing protection
- Electronic preferred but not required
- Eye protection
- Long pants
- Close toe shoes
- Ball caps or Boonie Caps
- Sun screen
- Bug spray
- Bottled water or Gatorade
- A cooler with ice will be on the range for everyone to use.
- Folding or camping chairs are highly recommended.
- Gun Cleaning Kit
- Note pad and pen
Ground Fighting with Pistols$275.00+$6.88 service fee